Alcock and Brown Guide:
Welcome to www.alcockandbrownguide.com. We give walking tours and talks about the history of Alcock and Brown flight and The Marconi Station c.1907 to 1922. Alcock and brown guide is conveniently located 3km just outside Clifden the Capital of Connemara on the R341 road in Derrigimbla. Free car parking facilities is provided on site for coaches and cars. Alcockandbrown guide walking tours takes approximately one and a half hours duration in length (5km) visiting and discussing all of the structures relating to Alcock and Brown and the operations of the Marconi Station and railway during the early 20th century. I will discuss the history of the first transatlantic flight of Alcock and Brown in 1919 and the operations of the Marconi Wireless Station during 1907 to 1922. Accommodation such as Bed/Breakfast, hostels and hotels are located in the nearby town of Clifden (3km North). Also the nearby coastal villages of Ballyconneely and Roundstone (5-12km south) also provide accommodation for visitors touring the area. I hope you enjoy your visit.
• Alcockandbrownguide is located 3km south of Clifden on the R341rd at Derrigimbla
• Dublin/Clifden: 3hrs and 30mins (280km N6 and N59)
• Shannon/Galway/Clifden: 2hrs and 18mins (162km N18/N59)
• Free Coach and Car parking provided
• Boarded loop and Gravel/Tarred walkways
• Interpretation, shelters and seating